Learner response

 1) Type up your teacher's feedback in full plus a summary of the comments you received from other students in the class.

WWW-
*Powerful opening, good sound effects, montage editing
*Cinematography, close ups
*post production, glitch effects
*range if shots,angles,pov,use of shadows
*diverse settings
EBI-
*lack of dialogue
*Title not shown for long enough
*niche soundtrack

2) Using a combination of your own reflection on the preliminary exercise and the feedback you were given, write three WWW bullet points and three EBI bullet points for your work.

WWW- 
*good music for the targeted audience
*lighting used efficiently to set the scene
*range of angles (pov,over the shoulder...)
EBI-
*lack of dialogue
*lacks crime drama conventions
*not enough of the cast shown


3) How effectively did you complete the objective you laid out in your mini preliminary exercise statement of intent?

This didn't go completely with my statement of intent as there were issues with cancellations and other reasons that i couldn't record my original idea, however i did include certain factors from my statement of intent, overall it was heavily reliant on improvising which didn't turn out as bad as expected.

4) What have you learned from the preliminary exercise that will help you in the actual coursework project?

I learnt most things from viewing other peoples work as well as mine, but it really does show that the correct music can set the right scene as well as the use of lighting and  the use of shadows. Considering that my work lacked many crime conventions, i can take thee notes and apply them to my next draft.

5) Now you have completed the preliminary exercise, will you change anything about your actual coursework video plan? This could include your concept, cast/actors and narrative or technical elements such as mise-en-scene, camerawork or editing.

Yes, i'm going to redraft my whole statement of intent and come up with a new story line, this time i will look at my feedback from my preliminary exercise and apply it to my future recording. i will also try increase the number of my cast as welll as expand the range of my camerawork.

Comments